Editor and tools
The properties shown in the VirtualSpace Editor depend on the selected VirtualSpace entity type – all VirtualSpace entities have the states Enabled, Read-only, Visible and Selected. By default, they are all Enabled and Visible, not Read-only and not Selected. The value of each VirtualSpace entities can be changed depending on the type of data in the editing pane at the bottom right – specialized for each component.
Edit values for VirtualSpace entities
Value editorthat better shows all the value settings:
- Type: the datatype of the value,
- Null: if the value is Nullable or not (clicking on
Null hyperlinkwill set the value to
- Value: entry field to enter the value in a string that can be parsed by the value type in question without pattern, e.g.
0for a Double,
P2DT3H4Mfor a Duration of 2 days, 3 hours and 4 minutes,
12:45:56for a LocalTime value,
- Pattern: the pattern to use for the formatter of the value type, e.g.
#,##0.00) for a number with 2 decimals displayed as (123.45) when negative,
hh’o”clock’ a, zzzzfor a date as 12 o’clock PM, Pacific Daylight Time,
- Use tag processing: use this option to enable the plain string entered as pattern to accept tags to reference a text table for special localized patterns depending on the language used for the client session.
- Locale: combobox used for testing purposes to see how a value would look like in a specific locale. The tooltip of the Value entry field shows a preview of the value with the pattern in the specified locale; you can also toggle the preview to always be shown.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.